• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement amounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

celitag

settlement amounts, lawyer or not??????

What is the name of your state? ca :cool:

Does any1 know where to get amounts for perm. & stat. disability percentages?

I'm adding some info....
I got hurt at work 04/16/03, L5, L4, & L3 have bulges and have been on wc since. I have recieved everything in a timely manner, had shots, surgery to cut L5 only. they left L3 & 4 the way they are, doc says they're to small to touch. Now that the doc is supposed to p & s me in sept.

my question is has any1 ever settled without a lawyer? I haven't felt the need to get one yet. ty

Last edited:

J

jdbrowne

The dollar amounts for P&S percentages are calculated using your average weekly wage info. (subject to a maximum, as prescribed by the CA Labor Code).

The doctor's P&S information will be sent to the Workers' Comp. Appeals Board (WCAB) Disability Rating Unit, where it will be rated on its merits. You will be sent a copy of the results (which will include details). If you feel they are reasonable, you need do nothing. The insurance carrier will use the rating to develope either a "Compromise & Release" (where they settle out all facets of your claim - except rehab.) or a "Stipulated Award" (where your future medical treatment is left open). If they only offer a C&R and you don't want to settle out your FMT, The WCAB Judge can approve a Stipulated Award.

If you feel the rating (or anything else in the progression of your claim) is not reasonable, that's the time to seek legal asistance. Good Luck...

celitag

future medical

ca

thanks for your help jd. i noticed that some people have problems with their future medical, gets sold, don't wanna give you benefits, etc....

is it really worth keeping medical open???????? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">