• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Assault at Work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

butterflie_222

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

In 2002, I was forcable and violently assaulted at work by a stranger. I attended counseling, etc. medication, etc. Nothing really got too much better for me .The insurance company wa sa nightmare to deal with at the time, cutting off my meds, etc. I am currently back in therapy trying to finally face this issue. Workers Comp will not re open my case. I never settled it. They tell me that there is no way to tell that this is related to my "accident" , although I never received mental health treatment in the past, nor was perscribed any type of anti depressant or anti anxiety drugs before. Do I need a lawyer?

Antigone*

In 2002, I was forcable and violently assaulted at work by a stranger. I attended counseling, etc. medication, etc. Nothing really got too much better for me .The insurance company wa sa nightmare to deal with at the time, cutting off my meds, etc. I am currently back in therapy trying to finally face this issue. Workers Comp will not re open my case. I never settled it. They tell me that there is no way to tell that this is related to my "accident" , although I never received mental health treatment in the past, nor was perscribed any type of anti depressant or anti anxiety drugs before. Do I need a lawyer?
Why did you wait 8 years:confused:

butterflie_222

I was immedietley put in consueling and on medication, I was doing those things until late 2005. Unfortunately, they didnt seem to work for me, I was getting nowhere with counseling, and seemed to be getting worse. Workers Comp stopped paying for my anti anxiety meds, and I just went into a downward spiral. Now, I am trying to get back int counseling and deal with the issues surrounding this event, that have haunted and dibilitated me for years. I guess everyone handles it differently.

HomeGuru

**A: you needed a lawyer in 2002.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">