• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short term disability question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moake

I live and work in NJ. I am been an In-vitro fertilization patient for several years and am now being treated for recurrent pregnancy loss and infertility of immune etiology. I have also been diagnosed with other autoimmune discorders which are preventing me from getting pregnant and/or carrying to full term.

Because of my medical condition, its symptoms and side efffects associated with its treatment, I have be experiencing migrane headaches, chronic fatique, fibromyalgia and depression. My doctor has agreed to provide me with a medical leave of absence letter.

I took seven weeks off over a year ago when I was doing an IVF cycle back then. I was not diagnosed with the conditions listed above at the time and was told by my HR department that I would have to take a personal leave of absence without pay since IVF is not considered a medical necessity.

Based on the diagnosis above and negative effects I am experiencing, would I be approved for short term disability in your opinion? How do you recommend me going about it with my HR department? What information would my doctor need to provide in order for me to get approved for short term diability?

moake

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">