• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sick of getting zapped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

medieval

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Walmart

I have worked at walmart for almost 12 years, since then part of my job has been to clean refrigerated cases. Cases contain electric fans and the drains in the bottom do not drain like they are supposed to, water builds up, electric wires in water, I have to get my hands in there to unclog drains. Have been shocked numerous times. I am not a plumber, I am not an electrician. I'm sick of being shocked, afraid of being electrocuted, about to be fired because, I told them I am sick of it. Do I have a case?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Walmart

I have worked at walmart for almost 12 years, since then part of my job has been to clean refrigerated cases. Cases contain electric fans and the drains in the bottom do not drain like they are supposed to, water builds up, electric wires in water, I have to get my hands in there to unclog drains. Have been shocked numerous times. I am not a plumber, I am not an electrician. I'm sick of being shocked, afraid of being electrocuted, about to be fired because, I told them I am sick of it. Do I have a case?
A case for what?

tranquility

Employees do not need to work in an unreasonably dangerous environment.

Call OSHA, see what they say. Did you report it officially to your supervisor so there is documentation? If you make an official complaint to a government agency, you will be protected for a while from being fired. (Absent proof of a reason outside of the reporting.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">