• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Strange Worker's Comp related question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DAlexander

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hey guys... I have an unusual situation here today. So, I've been on disability for the last 3 months, and today was one of my workers comp Dr appointments. While driving to the Dr, one of my tires blew out and I lost control of my car. My rims were destroyed, but I suffered minor overrall damage to my car. I did not hit another driver(thank god). During the course of the accident, I suffered more injuries. My left leg has doubled in size due to swelling and I cannot bend it anymore. Dr. believes I might have a torn ligament and will refer me to an MRI. But, the thing that stood out the most is that he said that the injuries sustained in the car accident were to be compensated, and it should be amended to my worker's comp case.
So my question is:
1-REALLY? This counts as a work related injury? Is that true?
2-My mandatory settlement hearing is in 1 week. Can they really amend something like this to my case that quickly? It took 3 months for my insurance to take responsibility for other injury(where I was physically assaulted while 4 managers witnessed). There is no doubt that they are gonna deny this injury. What happens now? Does the settlement hearing get delayed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">