• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Supervisor not following doctors orders or Approved Reasonable Accomidation Letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michael.s

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I sustained a work related injury 3/12 (dropped PC on wrist), reported it to US Dept of Labor OWC, my supervisor, our Occupational Nurse and our HR dept. I seen an orthopedic doctor who recommended surgery ASAP on the hand to repair severe nerve & tendon damage and swelling. I then completed PT, but due to severity of injury I still have a large lump on wrist and severe pain daily. I seen a Rehab doctor who has been giving me strong narcotic pain medication to help with pain and swelling and said injury is most likely permanent and will take time to heal. I provided my boss with my doctor’s note detailing his medical recommendations/limitations and asked for reasonable accommodations. It worked for a few months, but he began to assign me work that violated doctors orders, thus not allowing time to heal and cause more pain/injury. Can I do anything about him purposely violating doctor’s orders/limitations, even after reminders about Dr's orders?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">