• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

testicle removal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maury1983

What is the name of your state? ny
i would like to know if this injury that happened to me was a case of negligence and i i could had pursued a lawsuit please let me know i highly appreciated
back in january 2002 i was attending a federal government sponsored program called job corps academy. it was sunday on early january all of the trainees were coming back from christmas vacation i reported back to the center that i was getting trained which is called south bronx job corps academy in the state of new york and city the bronx. i when to bed that sunday and was tossing and turning all night long and on monday morning between 2:45 am 3:00 am i felt of my bed which is the bottom bed of a bunkbed when i fell i landed face down and bang my left testicle i was in a huge amount of pain i sat down on a couch that was located in my room (a one seat couch) for about ten minutes and the pain didn't go away so i when to the shower and turn on the warm water and tried to relax to see if the warm water would ease the pain which it didn't do. so i put on my sweats and t shirt and headed towards the residential/advisor's office which is located in my dorm floor the residential/advisor that nigh was a gentleman by the name of mr. thompson i told mr. thompson everything that had happened and that i was having strong testicular pain in my left testicle and i told him to please call my parents or the paramedics he said to me that i should take care my family jewels and should not be playing around with them he said it with a smirk on his face and giggles which maid me feel uncomfrtabel so he picked up the phone and instead of calling my parents or the paramedics like i told him to he called the senior residential/advisor which on the day was ms. blue she oversees all of the rest of the residential/advisors and her office is located in the lobby of the doorm rooms building. he told ms. blue that he had a trainee in his office stating that he had testicular pain in his left testicle and wanted the parents or the paramedics called after a couple of seconds and ms. blue advice on telling mr. thompson what to do in the situation he hanged up the phone and opened a first aid kit located in the office and gave me painkillers one pack with two tablets inside a total of 200 mg and said that it should ease the pain and put my name in a log sheet inside the first aid kit stating he gave me painkillers then he sent me back to my room so i did and lay in bed waiting for the painkillers to take effect an hour and fourty five minutes past and the pain was still strong so i when back and told him that i was still in pain and to called my parents or the paramedics he ignored my again and gave me another pack of 200 mg painkillers that was a total of 400 mg i drank them and he said that should do cuz its 400 mg and for me to see the nurse in the morning and again he put my name in the log sheet i when back to my room i didn't sleep at all the night i woked up for roll call which is at 5:30 am he saw me and asked if i was ok and i said no im still in pain and said to go see the nurse when i was going to the cafeteria in the morning for breakfast i past by the supervisor residential/advisor office and ms. blue was their and so me past by and called me back and said your the one with the problem i said yeah and she said you should not be playing around with yourself like the and i said i wasnt playing around with myself i felt of my bed she said yeah right thats another thing that made me feel uncomfrtable. so i when to breakfast it was 7:00 am the nurse office wont open till 8:00am had a quick breakfast and waited till 8am when the nurse office opened i told the receptionist at the desk about my problems and she said that the nurse that does the physical was on vacation and was coming back on wednesday so i when to my first period class and didn,t tell anyone else because i was embaresed when my first period class ended i when back to the nurse office and told them that i was having really strong pain in my left testicle and she again told me that the nurse that conducts the physicals was on vacation and was not going to be back till wednesday and she gave me some painkillers and i had to put my name and signature on a paper stating that she gave me medication so on the day which was on a monday everyone that could had done something for dind't do anything and i could not go out to the hospital on my own because on mondays they don't issue day passes because of g.i night which is were trainees must clean their bedrooms and doorms thoroughly so no passes are given out. on tuesday i could had when out on my own but i wanted the approval of an adult so i waited till wednesday morning on wednesday i when to the nurses office and the receptionist told me that the nurse that conducts the physical was going to be in at 9:30am and for me to go back during my lunch break which was at 12 noon so i when to all my classes at 12 noon i when back to the nurse office and the nurse checked me out she was in shocked at how swollen my left testicle was and asked what happened and i told her everything she filled out some paper work and had a security officer drive me to lincoln hospital threw the emergency room. when i arrived at the hospital i filled out a bunch of paper work and then the doctors attended me by examining my testicles and requested an ultrasound after the ultrasound was done i was in a waiting room waiting for the urologist to read the ultrasound and come back with an answer when he came back he said that i need surgery to remove the left testicle because it was dead it suffer testicular tension thats when an injury accured and the tubes of the testicles get tangle and blood does n't flow threw it causint it to die and that he had to see if he was able to save my right testicle because the infection from my left testicle had spreaded over to my right testicle and that if i would had being taken to the hospital the night of the injury he could had saved both of them so i had the surgey and when i woke up my left testilce was removed and my right testicle was saved.

moburkes

Please edit your post into paragraphs. It makes it MUCH easier to read. Also, add spaces between the paragraphs by using the enter button a few times. Thanks! You'll get helpful, instead of critical, responses that way.

quincy

First of all, OUCH!!!

Second of all, it sounds like negligence to me. After the pain had not subsided with pain medication, Mr. Thompson should have called the paramedics or your parents, as you requested. The doctor said your testicle could have been saved if treated after your accident. Any pain that lasts as long as yours did should have had medical attention.

Wait for others, who have much more knowledge in this area than I have, to post with their responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">