• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

therapy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kay behrend

What is the name of your state? iowa I've been at my job for 30 years.
I recently had shoulder surgery, bone spurs. Currently working 4 hours light duty, gradually working up to full time. My case worker says I have to do my physical therapy on my own time. I feel since it is work related, I should have it done during work hours. And my employer doesn't seem to have a problem with that. I do try & make my appointments at the end my shift as to not interupt the day. Can workmans comp. make me do that? After all my employer is my boss.

Hot Topic

Since you're only working four hours a day, there's no reason why you can't go to therapy on your own time.

You apply for WC, you play by their rules.

I was fitted with orthodics by an orthopedist who wanted me to go for therapy at a clinic I suspect was paying her to refer patients to them. Zip, zilch was said about therapy for bone spurs, and since spurs are bones, I can't imagine what you therapy you could be doing for them anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">