• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time required to hear from WC insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deonnanicole

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My husband was hurt at work on Christmas Eve of last year, and required a visit to the ER, and then 2 more visits to the eye doctor. We turned in all accident reports to his employer, and gave him copies of all the paperwork from the hospital. It is now 5 1/2 months later, and we are still getting bills in the mail, and it has been turned over to the collections department of the hospital now. We keep getting excuses from his former employer over it (he no longer works for that company), and we just want to get it resolved. All we want is for them to pay the bills....we weren't looking for anything else, because he was able to go right back to work. Any suggestions?

Beth3

Yes. Your husband should contact your State's Worker's Compensation Division and file a complaint about the unpaid medical expenses. I don't know what the problem is but if the WC claim isn't being contested (i.e. it's not in doubt where/how he was injured), then it's ridiculous that the bills haven't been paid and you don't need this affecting your credit - which it soon will.

Contact the State.

D

deonnanicole

Thank you for the advice. It's not being contested that he was injured...we just keep getting the run around from his former employer. It's always either the secretaries fault, or they switched insurance companies....etc. I wasn't sure whether to contact a lawyer or the state. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">