• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

training against DR. advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goin nuts

What is the name of your state?california
I HAVE BEEN ON FEDERAL WC FOR A BACK INJURY SINCE 1988. IN 1994 I WAS RETIRED ON DISABILITY AND GIVEN TO OPTION TO TAKE RETIREMENT OR STAY ON WC. I CHOOSE WC BECAUSE THE $ WAS MORE BASED ON MY SALARY.I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO WORK THESE LAST 10 YEARS AND UNDER A DOCTORS CARE. WC SENT ME TO ANOTHER DR UNDER THEIR EMPLOYMENT, WHO SAID I SHOULD GO BACK TO WORK 8 HOURS A DAY AND THAT I CAN DRIVE 4 HOURS A DAY. MY DOCTOR AND I HAVE PROTESTED HIS OPTION. I WAS ASSIGNED A REHAB COUNSELOR WHO HAS GOTTEN APPROVEL FOR ME TO GO TO A LOCAL SCHOOL TO LEARN COMPUTERS. I CAN NOT, AND HAVE NO INTEREST IN SITTING IN A CLASS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT COMPUTERS. THE REHAB CONSELOR WANTS ME TO BECOME A EXCUTIVE SECRETARY. I WAS A FIREFIGHTER WHEN I WAS INJURED. WHAT CAN I DO? BESIDES MY BACK INJURY I HAVE ALSO OVER THE YEARS DEVELOPED SEVERE PROBLEMS WITH MY NECK AND ARM AN HAVE BEEN AVOIDING SURGERY. IF I AM FORCED TO TAKE THESE CLASSES THEY ARE SURE TO AGGRAVATE MY BACK INJURY AND MY NECK PROBLEMS. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?

Last edited:

J

jdbrowne

With a 1988 date of injury, I would hope you are not still on Temporary Disability. Surely your condition must have reached a permanent & stationary standpoint. If so, you would then be receiving Permanent Disability Advances and your medical info. would go to be rated. That same info. would include return-to-work limitations. Your "treating doctor of record" will be the one to determine if you are able to return to work, in any capacity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">