• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nesuha

California....
I have a surgery ,my Amthen ins. cover from work.My question is:I will collect my last desabily chech nex week. My doctor approve for my to boback to work....but they don't have any opening for me yet....My supervisor say that is no a problem.they will approve my unemployment.....Do you think that I wiil have any problem for me to collect few months till I going back to work.
I work in the same unit (hotel) for 7 years Nite Auditor.
Thank you very much for any response....Nestor:)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

commentator

You need to file quickly for benefits. If you have been off for a really long period of time, you may not have enough wages in the counted quarters to qualify for benefits. You must, in order to qualify for unemployment, have covered wages in the previous 18 months to two years. Before that, it doesn't matter if you have worked steadily since you were a child, it is only based on those wages earned in the last covered quarters. If you are not monetarily eligible, nothing else matters, you can't get unemployment benefits.

When you file, you will have to submit a medical statement showing that you have now been fully released by your doctor to return to full time work (no restrictions) but that when you presented this to your employer, they said they do not have work available for you right now. Unemployment will contact your employer and verify this is the case.

If these conditions are met, (monetary eligibility, fully released by your doctor and confirmation that your employer does not have work available for you right now) then no, you should not have any problem qualifying for and receiving unemployment benefits. If they call you back, you cannot refuse to return to work without stopping your benefits.

nesuha

You need to file quickly for benefits. If you have been off for a really long period of time, you may not have enough wages in the counted quarters to qualify for benefits. You must, in order to qualify for unemployment, have covered wages in the previous 18 months to two years. Before that, it doesn't matter if you have worked steadily since you were a child, it is only based on those wages earned in the last covered quarters. If you are not monetarily eligible, nothing else matters, you can't get unemployment benefits.

When you file, you will have to submit a medical statement showing that you have now been fully released by your doctor to return to full time work (no restrictions) but that when you presented this to your employer, they said they do not have work available for you right now. Unemployment will contact your employer and verify this is the case.

If these conditions are met, (monetary eligibility, fully released by your doctor and confirmation that your employer does not have work available for you right now) then no, you should not have any problem qualifying for and receiving unemployment benefits. If they call you back, you cannot refuse to return to work without stopping your benefits.
First of all Thank yo very much for your response:
This month October is my 12 month of disability after 3 surgeries I' ready to go back to work.Yes I have the Doctors approve

pattytx

The base period for a claim filed now is July 2009 through June 2010.

To establish a valid claim, you must have earned at least (1) $1300 in one quarter of your base period, or (2) at least $900 in your
highest quarter and total base period earnings of 1.25 times your
high quarter earnings. A claim is invalid when there are not enough earnings to establish a claim
http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de1275a.pdf Sect 1.4

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">