• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair Comp Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

imblessed

What is the name of your state? Texas

I injured my hand on the job in 2001.(Carpal Tunnel Syndrome) After I had surgery on my hand by my own doctor the company disputed my case and benefits and compensation were discontinued. I went to the company's doctor and the Worker's Comp designated doctor and they both said that I have CTS with limited range of motion and have not yet reached maximum medical improvement. I have not been given an impairment rating. The attorney that reperesented me basically let my case sit on the shelf and did nothing, so I got rid of him. No one wants to take my case because the company I work for (A bank) was partially owned by a locally famous attorney who is known for his big job discrimination lawsuits that he won. I am currently back to work at the same job and I still have problems with my hand. I'm not sure to pursue this because I'm afraid of getting fired. :(

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

"What should I do?" is not a legal question. We can't tell you how to lead your life, or possibly be able to tell you what would fit your lifestyle.

So, unless you have a legal question, there's nothing we can tell you.

IAAL

dtown7

been there done that

I am from TX as well and have CTS too. The mandatory limit is 2 years for a work comp claim from the date of injury. Once that two years is up they have to close your case and put you at MMI. If the company disputed your case then you might not have any recourse but it's after the 2 year time limit anyway. The Work Comp system is very complicated. It appears that since they discontinued your benefits that your case has already been closed. You should have went to your own doctor, you had that right. It just seems like something is missing from the information that you given. Did one one of the DR's claim the injury wasn't work related?? The process is.
Injured at work/report it to management
Go to a doctor of your choice. If forced to go to company DR. you only have to see them once.
Have doctor confirm injury is indeed work related.
Get treatment.
Get Temporary income benefits if unable to work.
If able to work light duty then you should still be receiving some sort of treatment.
Once your DR releases you to full duty or your reached the 2 yr time frame you get put at MMI. You can also contact the insurance adjuster or the TWCC in your area to find out if the case is closed or the specifics of your case and get copy of your medical reports as well. If the case was not denied then you should be entitled to lifetime benefits for your injury because I am and I no longer work for that company. You do not have to notify your company if you need to go to the DR if you are indeed covered with lifetime medical benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">