• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair Dismissal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lukem88

What is the name of your state? NY

I need a little advice.

What happened was I got a part job at a franchise of a Pizza firm. What happened I filled out a questionaire and had an interview at the place where I was going to work. I received a message on the answering machine to say I got the job (which I still have), it said you have the job and training day in on Saturday at 10am, so I asssumed it was the franchise where I got the job. So I went along to training but the franchise was closed, so I rang the closest franchise to see if they knew where the training day was and they said they knew nothing of it.

So I came back when it opened to and they said it was at a different franchise about 20 miles away, so I went home and rang them to inform them of the situation and also that I was going on holidays and the dates. They said it was fine and that I would have to do it at a latter date and I still had the job. I also rang my employer to tell him what went on and he said it was ok and basically the same thing.

I came back from holidays to ring them and ask when the training day would be on and he said that I didn't have a job no more, he did not state why. I told him that I would seek further advice on the matter.

So is that unfair dismissal? What should I do now? Do I see a lawyer? Any information at all? Can I sue them?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What you do now is look for another job. This is not even remotely close to a wrongful termination. No need for an attorney; you have no cause to sue.

HomeGuru

cbg said:
What you do now is look for another job. This is not even remotely close to a wrongful termination. No need for an attorney; you have no cause to sue.

**A: but can he pass go and collect $200?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">