• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Upcoming IME Visit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EP73

My LTD provider is sending me to an IME this week [:mad: to cut off my benefits and make my life a living hell :mad:] for my 24 month eval. I have numerous problems, but was wondering specifically what type of test he'll do for the pain I have that radiates from my upper back through my shoulder, down my right arm and into my tingling hand and pinky?? What's the norm as far as tests for this?

If he's not a complete jerk he'll look at my MRI's, X-ray's and reports to see the disks that are compressed and touching my spinal cord along with the foraminal stenosis issues and oodles of other problems.

Thanks for any help.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.

ecmst12

You misunderstand the purpose of an IME. It's not simply to cut your benefits, it's to determine whether you still qualify as disabled according to the plan. You don't really expect them to keep paying forever without ever doing a re-evaluation do you? And one appointment is hardly making your life a living hell, unless your definition of hell is quite different than mine.

The IME doctor may not need to look at your tests, since the insurance company already has access to those items to help in their decisions. He may only be asked to evaluate your level of functioning at this time. I would expect him to assess your range of motion and ask you to rate your pain level. And if you exaggerate, he will probably know, so be honest and try not to see the doctor as the bad guy - he's just doing the job he was hired to do.

Pain alone MAY not qualify you to keep collecting disability if you are able to perform a sedentary job, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">