• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

update to my prev. post

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alittlesteph

What is the name of your state? IA
Update, I just received work comp payment bringing me current. So they have accepted the claim, also since I had to take a full 12 weeks in '03 and they had not previously subtracted any intermittent leave of absence from THAT 12 weeks, shouldn't they do the same this year unless we (employees) are notified of a change? They have explained that I meet the qualifications for FMLA but only for 7 weeks duration. But they have not explained yet why only 7 weeks. Just that I must return or am abandoning my job. They have always, and current papers state, 12 weeks in a rolling year not calandar year nor necessarily broken up in any way. Do I have a case for a work comp suit if they term me because I can't return before FMLA expires? They have proven this summer that rather than deal with light duty they will put me OUT on work comp without FMLA then promptly follow up with letter to return or abandon. If I can't work at full ability they would term me for preformance (I take phone customer service/ accnt maintainence calls but am goaled daily for inbound sales) I type a lot. If I can't get thru alot of calls I can't sell enough..I have already felt the change from the carpal tunnel symptoms. I was for years in the top 10% of sales agents consistantly and dropped to being under total goal in some areas including being under call goals by 100 calls every 2 weeks consistantly. I can sell the calls I get but can't tear through calls to meet the goals. This doesn't even begin to touch the long term effects of loss of mobility that invariably is affected by carpal tunnel release. HELP! I feel that I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. What happens to us after the damage is done? I couldn't even go back to waitressing if this is not a perfect recovery and a lateral move in the same career is impossible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">