• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation determination pay grade scale definition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vacay2016

We live in WA state. My husband is trying to determine vacation time (he does not want to ask the company as he feel that he sometimes has been used on several occasions without compensation). It states his pay scale grade is 15.

15 - grade pay scan=2 weeks=0.833 days/month accured
15+ grade pay scale=3 weeks = 3 weeks vacation, 1.25 days /month accrued

The handbooks states that all full time employees who have 15+ have 3 weeks vacation, 1.25 days /month accrued. We are wondering, does his 15 pay grade scale fall under the 2 weeks or 3, legally. He was also legally started this employment 2 years ago in October of 2014. It states in the handbook that annual vacation days may not be rolled over to following year. Does this actually mean you loose nov and dec month vacation days every year??????

Paid sick days:
In addition, company offers 7 paid sick days/year, accrues at 0.533 days per month, does this mean that you actually have to accrue this monthly amount before you can take them out? Or you are entitled to these 7 days/year without having to accrue them after earning them? And if you have more than the allowed sick days company offers, can you do this as unpaid days, or does the company take the extra days out of the 3 weeks vacation? The company uses pto ...not sure if that is relevant or not...

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is 100% up to company policy. The Feds have gone on record as saying that paid time off, including vacation, is a matter between the employer and the employee and they have no interest in it. Of the 50 states, only California cares at all and California doesn't care very much. I am not willing to try to interpret a company policy when I only have bits and pieces of it, knowing that there could be language in the parts unseen that modifies the parts seen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">