• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W/C denial...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pooh1965

What is the name of your state? AZ. I went on disability leave, and applied for disability thru my disability insurance co. I was denied, as they state my claim is a "clear job vs. occupation" claim. I then applied for WC, and have as well, been denied. Due to my short term disability co denying my claim due to job vs.occ, would this more or less imply that they feel this would be a work related disability , of which they dont cover work related disabilities? Does WC normally cover/pay work related stress, anxiety and panic disorder claims? thank you...

Beth3

What undoubtedly happened is that when your claim was submitted to the group health disability carrier, you or your doctor put something on the form indicating it was work related. That's why they denied it.

Now that the W.C. carrier has denied the claim, you have two options. EITHER re-submit the claim to the disability carrier with a copy of the rejection letter from the W.C. carrier OR pursue the W.C. claim and file for a hearing with the State. It's up to you.

As far as whether W.C. carriers normally pay for mental health claims, that's not a yes/no question. It certainly is much harder to establish causation between the job and that type of medical condition, consequently they are denied much more frequently than other types of alledged occupational claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">