• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W/C and Disability payments. Both ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rickisup

What is the name of your state? nm I am currently receiving W/C payments (temp). I am now going to start receiving disability payments thru a disability insurance co we had at work( not social security). Can I receive both or do they off-set each other ?

gettingagrip

Coordinated benefits

I live in NJ but am in the same situation that you are. You can contact your private carrier for an explaination which is specific to your coverage. In my case the private carrier pays 66.6% of salary. Since they coordinate with WC, which pays 70%, I am only entitled to their minimum benefit. (about $250.00/Mo.) If I can't ever return to my current occupation, and WC benefits stop, then they will pay 66.6% of salary. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">