• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Walmart screwing me...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

voltage

So I work at Walmart unloading trucks (strenuous work on teh back and shoulders)

Today I had a sharp pain in my right shoulder running down my arm to my fingers and right back up my arm to my shoulder, that was bad enough to keep me from being able to do my job. So after being ignored by my manager when I tried to talk to him about it, I left for my lunch break, came home and iced it up.

I called in to try to let them know what happened and that I physically could not perform my job duties with my shoulder in this condition.

I was threatened with my job and was told to see management before I start my next shift...
I am obtaining a doctors note tomorrow.
If they fire me even with a doctors note showing them I am legitimately hurt, is it possible to take them to court for wrongful termination or something like that?

justalayman

are you claiming this as a on the job injury? If so, you need to make a proper report to management. If it is not a work related injury, the only protection you would have for your job would be FMLA and that is only if you meet the requirements to be covered by FMLA.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
And of course, as always, it matters that you did not answer the question asked:

WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR STATE (US Law Only)?

Hot Topic

The effort you made to notify Walmart of your injury was so weak, I don't blame the company for doubting the injury.

If you were in so much pain, why didn't you see the doctor the same day as the injury occured? If you did, why didn't you get the note then?

No wonder the company is suspicious.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">