• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warning To Marylanders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rafitzgerald

What is the name of your state?:eek: After 60 days of WC I was ordered to my first IME by St. Pauls/Concentra. The "physician" they chose was a Dr. Stephen R. Matz, with an office in Pikesville. I arrived 40 minutes early for the appointment, and noticed that the ONLY patients he was treating were IME patients! He is listed as an orthopedic surgeon, but the AMA reports that he is NOT a member, and that his major professional activity is "office practice." (I had read a few stories about this guy on various forums, but didn't take them too seriously because the messages were all so shrill and ranting. -Silly me!)

When my name was called my husband and I rose and started through the door to the examining room area. Dr. Matz blocked our path and said that my husband had to wait outside...no one was allowed in the exam except patients. I stated that I was allowed to bring someone with me, and he said that it was "his policy" to allow no one except his staff and patients in the exams. I replied, "Well, what do we do now?" His reply, "You leave!" He then ushered us out of his office and into the hallway!

I immediately called my attorney's paralegal, who was aghast! She had us wait in the lobby while she called the office to determine what was going on. She returned my call a few minute later, saying Dr. Matz had been even ruder to her and DID NOT CARE THAT HE WAS IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW.

My advice: 1. Make sure you're represented by a GOOD attorney 2. ALWAYS take a witness with you 3. Make sure your primary physician is WC savvy and can work with your attorney 4. Stand your ground 5. document document document!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">