• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WC Denial by PA Commonwealth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jccya

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennslvania

I am at a complete loss as to how the Commonwealth can deny that an injury occured when they prosecuted the inmate at the prison who beat my brother-in-law. In their Denial, they even claim that the incident did not occur. However, they previously accepted a claim for the scar and paid it??? What is happening? Is this not an unreasonable denial?

The evaluation would need the complete record to review. Its impossible to do here. You saying that the state is just protecting the state...go figure.

He can appeal to another state employee ... a judge. But the WC ruling will carry great weight. They'll leave question of facts mostly to the WC.

canhelp

your brother in law can appeal the denial.
more here on Pennsylvania comp rules:
Publications

signed,
Startdone's momma

jccya

Thank you very much canhelp.
And, I did not ask you for a cite startedone and you are right, you are not my momma - she would never be so rude!

Ladyback1

Thank you very much canhelp.
And, I did not ask you for a cite startedone and you are right, you are not my momma - she would never be so rude!
Wow! Unless there was something I missed in a post--it was not a rude response!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">