• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WC & fertility treatments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jadjard

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My husband is a quadriplegic from a work related accident five years ago. We are still recieving medical benefits and are looking at fertility treatments since this is our only option for having children due to his injury. Our insurance company has told us three times they will cover all the treatments. When we asked for a letter to send to the fertility clinic saying they will pay for all treatments, the insurance co now says they need to discuss this with their attorney. Shouldn't this all be covered under workers comp because the only reason we need fertility treatments is because my husband is now a quadriplegic?

J

jadjard

The attorneys have not responded yet. I'm concerned because we are right in the middle of the fertility treatments and now they changed their minds on paying.

Beth3

Your question is so incredibly situation- and State WC law-specific I can't imagine that you can get an answer here. You need to wait for your attorney to respond and it sounds like you may well end up filing for a hearing with your State's WC Division on the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">