• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What affects WC benefits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjmcdowell

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
Hi everyone, today I received a letter from my employer stating that they're going to possibly dismiss me due to an "allegation" not related to my WC claim. If the worst happens what happens to my WC claim? I'm currently recieving WC weekly benefits. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I thought I answered this question several days ago; don't know what happened to my response.

If your employment is terminated, it will not affect payment of any medical treatment that you may still need in future.

However, there is not enough information in your post to answer the question of what will happen to your lost wages claim. Some additional details would be helpful. Are you working? If so, full or part time? Do you have any restrictions? If you are not working, how long have you been off the job? When does your doctor anticipate your being able to return to work? What allegation is being made?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">