• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What comes next?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cafe_puro

I have settled a case that was injury related from a 3rd party while I was on the job, making it also a work comp case. We settled in a few months back and the case was reviewed and approved by the work comp judge some time ago. My Attorney has stated that the checks had been received some time ago and there are some "things" to wrap. I have not been able to talk with anyone other than the receiptionist regarding when I can sign for the disbursements to be released. What can/should I do now?

cafe_puro

I also called another attorney who advised me to try to set up a meeting with my attorney. To my understanding, the checks are just sitting in their account and it is just a matter of me signing paperwork. I am trying to be patient, but I have no income currently and I feel as if I am getting the run around. The other attorney said if I wasn't able to set up a meeting with my current attorney, I should call him back.

Ladyback1

Do you know if the work comp insurer is going to attach any of the settlement to offset what they have paid?

If they are, the money won't be disbursed until the Work Comp insurer has a complete accounting of what they have paid (meaning if they are waiting on ONE bill from a medical provider, it could be holding you up in receiving any monies...)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">