• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do i do please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hottmamma

:( What is the name of your state?colorado
in 2001 i was in a car accident after i went through numerous
treatment i was healed from a hurt back for over 2 years i was pain free
recently at work i hurt my back and now i found out that workmans
comp denied my claim ..my questions are.... even though my claim was denied am i still entitled to loss of wages?did they deny my claim because they think that it was from my car accident even though i was pain free for over 2 years?what happens if i never recieved loss wages?i am totally lost i have no idea what i am suppose to do ? can some one please help me ?

Beth3

even though my claim was denied am i still entitled to loss of wages? When a WC claim is denied, that means you will receive no benefits of any kind from the WC carrier.

did they deny my claim because they think that it was from my car accident even though i was pain free for over 2 years? No one here could possibly know on what basis the WC carrier denied the claim.

what happens if i never recieved loss wages? Then you don't get paid for the time. If your employer offers short-term disability benefits as part of their group health plan, you may file a claim for that. If you don't know whether your employer offers a disability insurance plan, speak to the person at work who handles the insurance benefits.

i am totally lost i have no idea what i am suppose to do ? can some one please help me ? You have the right to contest the WC carrier's denial and file for a hearing with the State if you wish to. Information on how to do that will have been provided by the WC carrier when they sent you the denial letter. You'll find the process easier with the help of a WC attorney.

hottmamma

i never

i never recieved a letter of denial all i got was a letter from dept of labor saying that my claim was denied the insurer never notified me and i tryed to contact them 3 times a week and they seem to never contact me back :mad:

hottmamma

it is sad

thats why i am so confused i have no idea why they denied my claim
and i am tottally lost . in the begining i didnt ask for ne thing all i wanted was my doctor bills paid and i stilll do but after they denied me i want to ask for my loss of wages cause my bills fell behind realy bad since all this started

Beth3

They denied your claim because they don't believe they are liable for it under your State's WC regulations. On precisely what basis they made that determination no one here would know. Your employer might have a copy of the denial letter and may be willing to provide you with a copy.

I suggest you contact a Worker's Compensation attorney.

hottmamma

when i called the wc comp

when i called the workmans comp company they said they didnt deny my claim and they were waiting for doctor records so why did dept of laybor say that workmans comp denied me ?

hottmamma

thanks for the help

well thanks for the help anyway i will keep my head up and see what the outcome is and just wait it out cause they dont even want to pay for my therapy now and my doctor is getting angry . maybe something good will come out of his angryness

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">