• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my son's rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thatagrl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

My son's biological father established paternity and child support. He did not seek legal rights or rights for visitation. He was injured in an offshore accident receiving 85% burn to his body. Several oil field companies settled with his father. My son's father (we never married) stated that my son was not entitled to any of the money because we were never married. The oil company set up money for his other son(he was married at this time) because they were married. The attorney for the oil company said my son was not entitled because his father was not on the birth certificate. But- paternity was established several years before he was injured and before the accident. Is this true?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

My son's biological father established paternity and child support. He did not seek legal rights or rights for visitation. He was injured in an offshore accident receiving 85% burn to his body. Several oil field companies settled with his father. My son's father (we never married) stated that my son was not entitled to any of the money because we were never married. The oil company set up money for his other son(he was married at this time) because they were married. The attorney for the oil company said my son was not entitled because his father was not on the birth certificate. But- paternity was established several years before he was injured and before the accident. Is this true?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Your isssue is way beyond that of a message board. You are going to need an attorney.

xylene

You are going to need an attorney and depending on when this happened you need to act quickly.

Don't delay - and NEVER rely on the word of an oil company lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">