• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the reason for Nurse Case Manager

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

craftyprincess

Virginia

My accident was on March 31st. I have made several trips to the doctor and he always asked where was my case manager. I told him I didn't have one. I contacted the Insurance Adjuster and she said she didn't assign me one.

I got a call yesterday from a Nurse Case Manager. She said she was hired by the Insurance company. She will be going with me to my doctor's visit at the end of May.

What does a Nurse Case Manager do? What is the reason for one?
Any advice and responses will be appreciated. Thanks.

mlane58

A Nurse case manager is to focus on influencing medical care by intervening with the physician to achieve maximum medical improvement and to minimize permanent disability, as well as on facilitating the employee's safe and timely return to work.

las365

From a more cynical point of view, the role of the Nurse Case Manager is to interfere with your medical treatment, paper the insurance carrier's file with "medical evidence" that you are not injured, that the injury is not work related, that you are non-compliant with treatment, and/or that you have completely recovered with no lingering disability from your work-related injury, thus cutting short your medical treatment and assisting with providing an arguable basis for a quick declaration of maximum medical improvement and a low impairment rating.

If your injury is a serious one, you should consider consulting with a worker comp attorney to learn more about your rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">