• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When will I start receiving TTD, or get my surgery that is needed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

***broke***

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I had an accident at work on 9/28/05. My employer never filed an incident report, and didn't tell me to file for worker's comp. I just filed in July, and I have been out of work since this injury occured. (I have 4 herniated discs in my neck, and i have a torn rotator cuff, and the acromion bone in my shoulder is seperated... plus there is one other thing in my shoulder they need to repair) I have received the claim forms from workers comp, and now i just received a letter "award of compensation and average weekly wage" This states Workers Comp is ordering the insurance company for my employer to pay me all the way back until the date of injury. Here is the problem, we had a "consideration date" of 8/2/06 and no issues were filed by my employer or his insurance company... but now my lawyer is telling me I have to wait until the hearing to get paid ( my lawyer put in issues because they couldn't figure out who the adjuster was etc... and because i need this surgery and my ins. won't pay for it) Do I have to wait 10 wks for this hearing before i get paid.. and to have this surgery.. that i was suppose to have a LONG time ago? Everytime I call my lawyer's office, I have never spoken with him.. just his secretary, and she keeps telling me to call back in a week or two and she'll let me know what is going on. I don't have a week, a day even.. I am in severe pain.... i have shutoff notices for everything and have even been evicted from my last home. I don't know what to do and I am not getting any answers from my lawyer. Should I be getting some kind of compensation by now, I even asked for a denial letter atleast so my insurance could pay for the surgery.. and she told me she will "give me a call" when she gets it.. I NEED IT NOW!! I am just so frustrated.. and when i called another lawyer for advice.. he asked me who my lawyer was.. i told him.. then he said he knew him and he was giving him a call, and gonna tell him to get off his a** and do something>>his words not mine. What do I do? Who do I call? PLEASE HELP!! :confused:What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">