• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who Drops the ball

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moe15

What is the name of your state?NY

In Feb 2004 I contacted my lawyer to tell him that my doctors want me to work PT rather than FT because my injury was not improving.
He then sent a letter to the WCB requesting a hearing for lost wages.

In April 2004 my notice of decision says that "parties are directed to submit deposition transcript {of the doctors} by 06/08/04."
On my hearing 06/08/04 none of that was completed and the notice of decision then stated "Parties are directed to submit deposition transcripts of claimant as well as previously scheduled doctors pursuant to Sections 121 amd 142 of the NYS WC law. Deposition transcript(s) and memoranda should be submitted by 07/26/04 for further adjudictation by a WC law judge."
I know for a fact that the deposition transcripts are not completed because one of the doctors rescheduled hers for sometime in Sept.
Who can this be taken to? This is not right to be dragged out from Feb until Sept. Who should I be complaining to, the judge? Is it the fault of the lawyers on both sides?
I know that the doctor who rescheduled was on maturnity leave in July, but they could have had it done from April to June, and also in Aug.
Should I send a letter to the WC judge, or to all of them?
I am thinking that after this hearing I may get a new lawyer, because mine is not very informative and I don't think he is really doing anything at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">