• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Won my case.....no settlement....nothing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elantrauma

Back in January of 2010 I injured my shoulder at work (pensylvania) and was refused conpensation. I filed a claim against them and won (according to a "findings" report). At the present time it's been 6 months since I was informed I won the claim. Back in may I recieved a $6200 check from the WC Insurance company for backpayment and was told I would recivev biweekly checks from then on out. I havent seen another check since. Im now unemployment and suffering greatly. My lawyer is rarely available for any type of conversation reguarding a time frame in which I will recive benefits from my last employer. When I do get ahold of him, I get very unclear answers and never closure to my case. I visited him today and I got yet another string of vague answers. I had the surgery on my shoulder months back and Im currently in pretty good shape as far as range of motion etc. I few days ago my doctor released me from care, Im guessing that means Im mostly healed. I still have a tiny bit of pain in certain situations but for the most part, its feeling alot better. However, my lawyer wants me to keep getting care with my doctor. I really don't understand. Is he trying to get me to lie about my condition so that he can get more money? He also reffered me to a neurologist in my state (DE). I need the money I am owed soon or I will get kicked out of my apartment and become homeless. is there any thing I can do? They keep giving me different answers each time I call they just to shut me up...

It appears as if your case is to complicated to provide a reply. You attny should be able to answer your immediate question:

1) when will you be getting more money $$$$, if at all

koolkinkajou

You are pretty clueless here

Google the process for your state.
You understand if your car got a dent on in a accident, then you have the right to have to have the car look like new. You wouldn't be happy with just someone hammering the dent out right? With a workers comp case unless you are 100 Percent, ie no pain in any situation that wasn't there before then you have some disability from 0 to 100 percent. I had an injury to my neck. I still have some pain so I have been rated at 10 per cent. In most states after your injury has stabalized and nothing else can be done for it, then they will send u to a QME (qualified medical examener) or whatever they call it in your state. They will rate your disability. It can be anything from 0 to 100 (ie. you are missing the shoulder at 100 percent). The higher the rating, the higher the settlment. You are entitled to miles to and from the doctors and any hours you miss from work depending on the situation. Another good thing you can do is ask the doctor for a prescription for a gym. Then the insurance company will pay for the gym. Whatever you do IMO, do not do a buyout for lifetime medical in case you need a new operation in the future. You never know what will happen. You must have told the attorney some reason why u need to see a neurologist (ie. headaches) or he would not have suggested it. It's not usually big or easy or fast money so don't count on it to pay your rent or groceries you need. It could take months to settle. Checkout the workers comp website for your state . They will have lots of info. That way u can talk intelligently to the attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">