• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

megk2005

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEBRASKA I was injured at work in the state of Nebraska. Injury from lifting heavy objects and repetitive motion. put on light duty and restrictions of right arm while going thru physical therapy and etc. 6 months later had slap repair and rotar cuff surgery on right shoulder. During this time noticed my left arm seemed to have some similar problems as the right but nowhere as severe. Now 2 weeks after surgery and am unable to use right arm and am using left for pretty much everything it seems to be getting worse. should I say anything to work comp worker? And will they consider this a work injury and I be covered under work comp or how should I handle this? I think both shoulders were affected but left not as bad and now with it doing most of the work is getting worse? NEED ADVICE

W

Willlyjo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEBRASKA I was injured at work in the state of Nebraska. Injury from lifting heavy objects and repetitive motion. put on light duty and restrictions of right arm while going thru physical therapy and etc. 6 months later had slap repair and rotar cuff surgery on right shoulder. During this time noticed my left arm seemed to have some similar problems as the right but nowhere as severe. Now 2 weeks after surgery and am unable to use right arm and am using left for pretty much everything it seems to be getting worse. should I say anything to work comp worker? And will they consider this a work injury and I be covered under work comp or how should I handle this? I think both shoulders were affected but left not as bad and now with it doing most of the work is getting worse? NEED ADVICE
Hmmm...don't you think that since you lifted heavy objects repetitively for a certain length of time, you might have injuries in both arms? Seems probable to me. You are covered under workers comp. for any work-related injuries! This is one of them! You should go to HR and have the matter addressed.

Realistically, they might cause problems for you because you are addressing the injury of your other shoulder! Such retaliation can possibly be coordinated in a way that it would be hard to prove, so you might want to weigh the priorities.

Beth3

It's possible it's just tendonitis and/or muscle strain because you've been using your left arm for everything all this time. Next time you see your doctor, tell him about it and see what he thinks. If it's more than can be addressed with ibuprofen and resting it, then report it to your employer. They'll need to file another first report of injury with the WC carrier (in other words, it would be a new claim) and they'll investigate and make a determination as to whether they are liable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">