• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work Comp Audit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xmasman

What is the name of your state? California.

In my 2003 Work Comp audit the auditor missed our appointments and then showed up without an appointment and asked my secretary what my payroll was and how they thought it should be classified. The agent then placed all of my payroll in the highest class code. I agrued that it was absurd to classify everone in the highest class code and if they were going to do that why not put them in the lowest class code. After my father finally meet with them we thought we had setted the issue and that they would redo the audit numbers so that the $30,000 bill they said I owned would go away. Then they came back and said that I owed $18,000 and they would gladly take me back as a customer. I stated that was absurd and that I would not pay the bill. I then provided a spreadsheet of every employee, a lsit of what they did and the class codes they were classified in. With this spreadsheet they owed me $1,500 back. Once they received this they stated that my account had been cancelled for a bounced check, but they could not find which check bounced nor could they show any premium due.

Becasue of this my policy was cancelled, I cannot perform work in California since I do not have Work Comp., and I cannot get coverage because my account shows cancelled. I have left 12 messages for the auditing supervisor and sent three letters by fax and mail. I have received no response and they seem to be ignoring me. What can I do, I need coverage and I have already lost out on a $600,000 contract because I do not have coverage. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">