• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work Comp discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bearishcub78

I am an employee in CA. I work doing data entry, I applied for another data entry position, with pay raise, and was offered the job. A week before training started my hand was injured due to overstress. I was then pulled from the new position, but due to minor restrictions still had to perform my prior job function. Is there anything I can do? Also, I was placed on restrictions by my work comp doctor and my employer did not abide by this restrictions on multiple dates. What should I do?

swalsh411

Your employer has a right to reassign your position and reduce your pay as long as you are told in advance before working any hours at the lower rate. Maybe you thought you couldn't make it through training or be effective at the new position with your injury and limitations. You still have to be able to do the job medical restrictions notwithstanding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">