• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work comp question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jvill5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma.

My question is in regards to work comp in Oklahoma. I broke my wrist, had surgery and a plate put in. My employer is wanting to settle for 7% (permanent partial) x 220 weeks= 15.40 weeks x $359.00(max ppd) = $5,528.60.

My concern with this offer is that because of the surgey I now have changes in the carpal tunnel area and the placement of the plate, both of which could need attention in the future and both of which were named in the physicians report. I belive in Oklahoma that one can only request a change in condition within 3 years, so if I need either of these addressed in the future I would be on my own, not to mention they would be pre-existing conditions.

I would like to know what my option(s) would be if I decline the offer and what my next step would need to be.

Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

I would never settle such an injury without a Work Comp attorney to represent your interests. If you don't have one already, get one NOW.

davidmcbeth3

I agree

with pattytx ... you may have loss of use too to consider (too to ??? english OK)

you are still dealing with this really ... and they'll have to pay all your losses (I have never seen a WC offer made w/o the employer believing they owe you-so its a good sign).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">