• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work comp. surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evileyes

What is the name of your state? Indiana

how long does it usually take to get a work comp. surgery scheduled ?

where i work all work related appointments are suppose to be on company time.

company scheduled 1st appointment on my time
went to dr - xrays dont see nothing- dr sent me to therapy
back to dr-back to therapy
dr referred me to orthopedic dr (after she told me i was a liar and more or less lazy for not doing therapy exercises at home (10 hr shifts)
ortho dr took exray (on tues)-then ordered mri
mri done on my time (on friday)
back to dr for mri results (on tues)
mri shows torn cartlidge in knee
dr says its been 5 mnths not getting better what do i want to do i say fix it
person in charge of scheduling appntmnts. says surgery this will take awhile to scheduleWhat is the name of your state?

ecmst12

There is no "usually". Once the surgery is approved, when it is scheduled will depend on the doctor's availability. Ortho doctors are very busy so it could take a while, but only the office manager/scheduler will be able to tell you how long. We also can't tell you how long it will take to be approved. There are too many factors involved to make a blind guess like that.

evileyes

i know ortho doctor's are busy.
just wanting to know how long it usually takes for them to set up the appointment w/ work comp. for surgery.
just wanting a time frame in which the person doing the appointment's should let me know a date for surgery.(like a couple day's or a week)
i had to go to HR just to get the first appointment scheduled.(this was back in july.)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no possible way anyone here can tell you how long it will take to schedule an unknown type of surgery at an unknown provider's location.

ecmst12

i know ortho doctor's are busy.
just wanting to know how long it usually takes for them to set up the appointment w/ work comp. for surgery.
just wanting a time frame in which the person doing the appointment's should let me know a date for surgery.(like a couple day's or a week)
i had to go to HR just to get the first appointment scheduled.(this was back in july.)
Has WC even approved the surgery?

evileyes

no they haven't approved surgery

thats what i'm asking does anyone know possibly how long it takes to get the surgery approved and the appointment setup thru work comp

not how soon i will get in for the surgery

the 3 appointment's to the referred doctor was setup fast thru wc
tues (10-9)-fri (10-12)-tues (10-16) thru wc
10-16 after i get back from the app. she's like surgery this is gonna take awhile

so alls they were waiting on is to get my mri results to see what the doctor found
which is a torn cartlidge

i am being seen by the ortho dr already (10-9)-(10-16) that will do the surgery
he is just waiting to hear from wc/work

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It could be tomorrow or it could be another several months.

There is simply no way to tell.

There IS no "average".

There IS no "it usually takes x amount of time".

There IS NO WAY TO TELL how long it will take to be approved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">