• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work illness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pink77katherine

:confused: What is the name of your state? calif

i've worked for same company 20 years and recently developed plantar fachitis, I was off 2 weeks and went back to work and it became worse My doctor told me to see the employers dr. but my job says no, it's not a work related injury. I am know off with casts on both lower legs and applied for disability. But should this be a workers injury if it came out of work from working on cement floors standing 6-8 hours a day?

Shay-Pari'e

pink77katherine said:

i've worked for same company 20 years and recently developed plantar fachitis, I was off 2 weeks and went back to work and it became worse My doctor told me to see the employers dr. but my job says no, it's not a work related injury. I am know off with casts on both lower legs and applied for disability. But should this be a workers injury if it came out of work from working on cement floors standing 6-8 hours a day?
OH MY! To actually work for eight hours on a cement floor! What's next?:rolleyes:

Plantar Fasciitis

Plantar Fasciitis is an inflammation caused by excessive stretching of the plantar fascia. The plantar fascia is a broad band of fibrous tissue which runs along the bottom surface of the foot, attaching at the bottom of the heel bone and extending to the forefoot. When the plantar fascia is excessively stretched, this can cause plantar fasciitis, which can also lead to heel pain, arch pain, and heel spurs.

Cause
Plantar Fasciitis often leads to heel pain, heel spurs, and/or arch pain. The excessive stretching of the plantar fascia that leads to the inflammation and discomfort can be caused by the following:

Over-pronation (flat feet) which results in the arch collapsing upon weight bearing
A foot with an unusually high arch
A sudden increase in physical activity
Excessive weight on the foot, usually attributed to obesity or pregnancy
Improperly fitting footwear

Last edited:

ecmst12

Did you put in a claim to the worker's comp insurance and THEY denied it, or did you just ask your boss and your boss said no? If the latter, then put in the claim, they'll review the medical information and tell you for sure.

weenor

If you can establish medical causation, that your work and not your weight caused the problem....I doubt you will be awarded benefits in time to get your car back.

pink77katherine

plantar

I didn't enter this forum for a thrashing. You make it look like I am the bad guy. Because you don't know all the facts. The car payment is made, it was just late. Thanks I will file becuse I did not as my employer didn't give me a form and I am not knowledgeable of workmans comp issues.

Shay-Pari'e

ecmst12 said:
Clearly that other thread has nothing whatsoever to do with this one. Go away jerk.
Clearly you should read what I posted/ It certainly is not because the poster was on cement floors!

ecmst12

I wasn't talking to you. But standing for long periods of time could certainly contribute to developing plantar fasciitis. Only OP's doctor could say with any degree of certainty how much the prolonged standing contributed as opposed to other factors. That's why I asked if the claim had been submitted to and reviewed by the worker's comp insurance.

tjr5150

pink77katherine said:

Your doctor told you to see the company doctor,but your job say's no. Who is your job that said no? Your boos or human resources? Did you file a claim? fill out a incident report?
These are question's you need to ask yourself and answer. You can't ask a question and expect answer's without some background info. Like, why do you think your job cause your plantar fachitis and not your weight? Can you prove your job caused it? If you spent your whole life working on your feet why did'nt you get you some good shoes? Why are your legs in cast? Also I read your side note, that has nothing to do with a work injury, but, if the car is his name it does not matter who is paying for it, if he wants it he can take it, his name his car. You want it in your name you need to go to the bank and apply for a loan and buy your own car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">