• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work injury, employer didn't file loss of wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Puggers

On Dec. 3 I reported my rt elbow hurting to HR. They sent me to the occupational clinic. Found out it was tendenitis. I work on piece work I went from making fifteen dollars an hour down to eight, being on restricted work. Another worker told me that the person in HR doesn't like to report lose of wages. This person was also on workers comp. She ended up getting a lawyer. So what I did was I called workers comp, they said they didn't have a claim on me. So they told me to call the insurance company that my employer goes through. I did that. I found out that HR had put in an intial claim but didn't report my lose wages until I went to the President of the company and that day which was Jan. 12 She reported my lose wages. Now the doctor told me that this injury could take 4 to 6 weeks to heal. I was on restricted duty for 6 weeks and I was already released. I was released because I can't live on eight dollars and hour being a single parent. I have contacted the insurance company and the person that is taking care of my claim I haven't heard anything from her. I just called again. I'm hoping I get a call today. My question is how do you know if you are entitled to WC? And do I need to contact my lawyer? I live in Wisconsin if that helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">