• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work injury has left me disabled, with little money.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

disabled313

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

As of 2006 i have had a workers comp case that still has not been closed, my lawyer is working on it, but im being awarded about 34k with open medical. I have been disabled with a herniated disc in L6 region and when I tried to go back to work this summer i got another herniated disc in my l2 region (lower neck area) due to it being degenerative disc disease. I have not been able to work ever since, my previous job was cleaning, and the one in the summer was a kitchen job making sandwiches, i am 55 years old now. I have about 27 SSI work credits at the moment. I became disabled at age 49.

i am living on ssi disability payments at the moment that are around 768$ a month. I am barely paying my bills. when my case closes and i recieve the 34 minus 8k in lawyer fees, ssi will probably stop my payments and i will have to survive for about a year with this amount. I believe i deserve to have ssd payments regardless of this case amount. as I have lost my house and i cannot get a job anymore.

What options do i have?

I wish i can get permanent disability status.

Also I dont know why I am received ssi disability and not ssdi? I need a lot of answers and my lawyer doesn't seem to know anything outside of workers comp.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">