• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work place injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jonryan

What is the name of your state?Michigan
I've been working on a farm milking cows for four years I work a eight hour shift five days a week.In April I started feeling a lot of knee pain I went to a doctor he said I had damaged the menicus tissue in my knee. I had surgery on July 20 outcome tear in my menicus tissue and arthritis has set in behind my knee cap I returned to work Aug 23 My employer said he would try to put in through workmens comp,But was not sure the injury was job related. now I'm back to work parttime and in pain what should I expect???

My claim has been denied because I don't have a specific date of injury, and because it was already billed under my own insurance. I never received anything from my insurance company asking me any questions or how the injury occured or anything. Now two of my coworkers are experiencing similar knee pain and my boss put it right under workmanscomp.Why do they deserve it? But I don't. What should I do ?

Last edited:

Beth3

What is the status of your WC claim? Your employer should have submitted the First Report of Injury to his WC carrier a long time ago - at whatever point you notifed him that this is or may be work related. The WC carrier will obtain copies of your doctor's reports, x-rays, surgical report, etc., along with info from you and your boss as to the type of work you do, the physical demands, when you first started feeling pain, whether you had any specific accidents on the job and so forth. After reviewing all that, they will render a decision as to whether they will accept liability for your injury.

If they deny the claim and you disagree, you are free to appeal their decision to your State's Worker's Comp Division.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">