• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this work related?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krazykruiser

What is the name of your state? N.C.
I had just punched out of the time clock and walked out the door and tripped and fell on the handicap ramp outside the door. I broke my foot. It is known as a Jones fracture which is one of the worst fractures that you can get on your foot. I will be out of work for 6 to 10 weeks. Do I qualify for workmans comp? :confused:

Beth3

You certainly qualify to inform your employer that this is a work-related injury and for they in turn to file an injury report with their WC carrier. I'm not familiar with N.C. WC regulations but it's quite likely that this will be accepted as worker's comp unless there are some details you have omitted.

The first thing you need to do is speak to your employer and make sure they've filed a First Report of Injury with their WC carrier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">