• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work related

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xchange

I work in an indoor ice rink, we needed to take out the ice for the summer and my boss brought in 3 diesel bobcats to take out the ice. After about 3 1/2 hrs I was feeling light headed and had a bad headache. Well after about 7 hours of being inside with the machines running and I was running 1 of them, At the end of my shift my boss tells me he was feeling dizzy after about about 3 hours and he said he checked the level of CO it read that it was at a dangerous level. So while I was driving home I still felt dizzy with a headache so I went to my hometown ER where they tested me and found that the CO levels were in fact elevated and I needed to be on oxygen for an hour before they would let me leave. So I am worried about long term and or short term affects. But what bothers me also is the fact that my boss saw these levels early in the day but never said anything until my shift was over. Do I have any right to sue seeing as I don't know what damage may have been done?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are free to file a workers comp claim for any medical expenses you incur. But no, you cannot sue; workers comp is the sole remedy for work related illnesses or injuries with only limited exceptions that do not apply here. And frankly, even if you could sue, the fact that you don't know if there has been any other damage would work against you in a lawsuit; you don't get to sue for what hasn't happened and might not ever happen.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">