• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work related injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

memi

What is the name of your state? ME
i am considered (so i believe) a domestic employee. i got injured while on the job. employer changed their mind and is not going to cover the medical expenses resulted from the injury (first they asked me to "hold on" if i can, before seeking medical attention, while they are checking if they have paid for the workmens comp ins. since they have not, they assured me that they will cover the expences under home owners insurance). now they want me to file the injury under old workmens comp claim (since part of the injury is reoccurance of old injury). basically what they are telling me; i am on my own with this. according to them they are not responsible. i do not have health insurance, am unable to pay for the care I need. i have lost income over the injury and medical bills are getting larger. thank you for your help/ quidance in this matter.What is the name of your state?

msiron

What do you mean a domestic? Are you a maid or a nanny? They of course don't have any comp because they need to be some type of business like a Corp., LLC, DBA etc... but SHOULD of had extra coverage for a domestic, working at their house.

This would be the same as running a business from a home office (you really need that extra coverage for when conducting business, clients, regular workers at home unless they have their own insurance like a commercial landscape co., roofer, painters, etc... and ask to see a binder before hiring them)

Their HO will fight the claim, and you will need a lawyer. Next similar job you take, ask for copies of polices and don't forget, you in fact have preexisting conditions.

I know when I go to contract I'd look like a idiot trying to pass without comp., E&O and good liability.

Did they pay you in CASH, under-the-table? Do you have a contract or any written proof you worked for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">