• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work for the same company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bakersgal

I recently received a settlement with workers comp. can i fill out an application to go to work at the same company ? the state is California :rolleyes: Is there anything in the rules that says i can't. I really liked my job and i would like to go back there.

BlondiePB

Does the settlement papers that you signed have a stipulation that you will not work for that employer again?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless your settlement says otherwise, there is nothing in the law that says you cannot go back to work for them, so you may certainly fill out an application.

However, you need to be aware that there is also nothing in the law that says they have to hire you back. You can fill out the application; they can say no.

Please note that I am not saying they WILL refuse to hire you back; just that they are not required to do so.

NOTE: In some states, an employer is required to give preference in hiring to a former employee who left because of a workers comp issue. I do not know if California is one of them. This assumes that the employee is qualified for the position s/he is applying for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">