• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

worker's comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunshinenc

What is the name of your state? nc
rsi shoulder injury/illness since 8/01, been hesitating filing WC although doctors said it was job related, so far, I have 5 doctors' word. Now the pain has become so severe that making my life so miserable, finally decided to file for WC to get a restricted duty on the job. What if my doctor won't write the letter, can I use my medical record obtained from the doc's office to start the case? Will I be able to find a lawyer to help me on the case? because as far as I am concerned there is no monetary compensation involved in this case.
Please show me a way to get my healthy shoulder back.
Thank you.

Beth3

Nobody here can predict the outcome of your WC claim or answer those questions. All you can do is file the claim with your employer. Their WC carrier will get copies of your medical records from your doctors and make a determination as to their liability.

A particular problem you're going to have is your 18 month delay in notifying your employer that you have a work related injury and filing a WC claim, as well as the fact that in order to have your health insurance pay for your medical expenses to date all the bills had to have been submitted as "not work related."

S

sunshinenc

Hi Beth3
Thank you for your advice. Although I haven't filed an "injured on the job" notification on paper, my direct supervisor knows the cause of my shoulder pain. We spoke when I called in for the pain. A recent notice posted on the bulletin board at the workplace states that previous "light duty" requests cannot be used against my WC claim. will this help on my WC claim?
The "insurance pay" you mentioned really worries me, should I just ignore this WC claim?
Thank you very much for your time and help.
Sincerely, Sun

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">