• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbmbr2000

I worked for Bank of America from 1987-1990, during which time i developed carpal tunnel syndrome. I settled with them for a certain amount of money and part of the settlement was that they were responsible to cover my wrists medically forever. Ive had a home fire, and lost all my documentation. Who would i get ahold of to find out about this medical coverage and how i would go about using it. thankyou

swalsh411

I highly doubt they agreed to cover you under their medical insurance. It's more likely they agreed to reimburse you for treatment. Did you have an attorney you were dealing with at the time? They might have kept copies. (expect a fee for them to get them for you).

commentator

Phenomenal to me that you would have lifetime coverage for this particular type of condition, but since you're in CA. I guess it could be possible. In my area of the country, it's usually set up so that it's good for two years after the last occurrence of the condition. Twenty-one years ago is such a stretch!

But even so, if you were to need treatment for it again now, at this point, what you'd need--(and I would try to get this from the company first, go through their HR, instead of paying a law office to see if they have old copies of the information) I'd call Bank of America, starting with their HR department. A company this size likely will have a worker's comp department, and maybe HR can direct you to them. Then you try to figure out who was the worker's comp carrier at the time of your case (sometimes they change them, but should be able to tell you who it was back then) and then you'd also need, if they can provide it to you, your claim number. If they have any records of your case, they should have the claim number. Then you would need to contact their provider who processed your claim back when with the claim number, and tell them what's going on.

I'd do this myself, I wouldn't depend on Bank of America to contact the carrier for me. When you call the carrier, you'll have a better idea of what your settlement said exactly, and how to go about getting reimbursement for treatment now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">