• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mvaznurse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Az
I'm an employer. I had workers comp, but insurance company dropped us due to neglecting an audit. The insurance company reported us to the industrial commission. We have been trying desperately to obtain workers comp. We feel we've been black balled by previous insurance company. Im trying to save my business n keep people working. I know there's a financial penalty. Will there be criminal penalty? I think I'm close to getting insurance but I had to change my business's name. Please help. So stressful.

commentator

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Az
I'm an employer. I had workers comp, but insurance company dropped us due to neglecting an audit. The insurance company reported us to the industrial commission. We have been trying desperately to obtain workers comp. We feel we've been black balled by previous insurance company. Im trying to save my business n keep people working. I know there's a financial penalty. Will there be criminal penalty? I think I'm close to getting insurance but I had to change my business's name. Please help. So stressful.
To get turned in to the industrial board as you were, the situation had to be a spectacular FLAGRANT violation of some kind, where they felt there was imminent threat to your employees' health and safety. People fail to comply with small audit/regulatory issues all the time. There probably will not be criminal penalties unless someone is actually hurt seriously on your job before you obtain insurance. Whatever you're doing, you need to spend more time being in compliance with safety in the workplace, that's a certainty.

canhelp

yes there could be a penalty for operating a business without the required work comp coverage; especially if you have a claim during the uncovered period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">