• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp claim petition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seiders1016

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa i was doing a roof for a friend and another friend was on unemployment and looking to make some extra cash so he offered his services to help while on the job he fell and was injured at arrival to hospital he was known to be under the influence of marijuana and i just received papers for workers comp i don't own a company i don't run a buisness nor do i have insurance so now what?

Mr. Scuttle

Hello Everybody !

The homeowner's insurance might cover this .. who was going to pay him (not u I assume as you were also a worker/not owner of the house) for his labor?

Of course one could look at it that you were a contractor and you hired weed-man. Hence the ? about who would pay him.

And one could look at it that the weed-man was a contractor himself (and he should have carried w/c insurance).

Need to be able to follow-the-$$ regarding who actually hired him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">