• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp giving me the run around

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sxyredhead

What is the name of your state? Arizona
I hurt my back while on the job the x-rays showed I have spondylolysis which is tiny fractures on my vertebra I also have Spondylolistesis which is where the vertebra beneath the fractured one slips forward.The workers comp has not payed me and I have not recieved treatment. I have been out of work for 6wks. They are claiming my condition is pre-existing. I researched it and found that the fractures on the vertebra could be present at birth or cause by overextention from activities. I load baggage and cargo I have done this for 5yrs. Can they deny me? If it was pre-existing and my job aggravated it are they liable? Any advise would be helpful.

Beth3

Can they deny me? Yes, if they have valid medical or other evidence to suggest your job did not cause your injuries.

If it was pre-existing and my job aggravated it are they liable? Probably yes (this varies by State) but likely only to the level to return you to your pre-occupational injury state. In other words, they aren't responsible for curing it or permanently fixing it, just returning you to a level where you were no worse off than you were before.

If the WC carrier denies the claim, which seems likely since the condition you have is usually congenital, you have the right to file for a hearing with the State. The denial letter you receive from the WC carrier will include information on how to do that.

J

jtf6agent

Spondyo

I had the same problem in my case but I was able to prove that it was caused by blunt trauma from my accident. If you have any x-rays prior to the date of injury they would help alot. Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">