• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

upset39

:confused: What is the name of your state? I live in Virginia I was injured one year and 5 months ago. The treating Doctor has said that I have reached Maximum medical improvement> (In workers comp what does this mean?) He has not as far as I know said a rating, I assume that he is the one that has to issue this right? I have had a FCE done and there were alot of restrictions handed down, Which is why they finally took me back out of work, I have been working for a year before they came to this determination>There are figure's and statements from him but I really dont know what it all means Is there anyone out there that can tell me ? In some of the area;s he listed that considering my condition I was considered to be a risk to my self at a job as well as others< I have back injuries and lower extremeties. Any help would be appreciated

Thank you,

Beth3

MMI (maximum medical improvement) means you are as good as you're going to get in terms of your physical recovery from the injury. Your doctor will make a recommendation as to the degree of permanent impairment you are left with and will forward that information to the WC carrier. If the WC carrier feels the need (and they probably will), they will schedule you for an IME (independent medical evalulation) with a physician of their choosing, who wiill review all your medical records, do a physical exam, and make a recommendation on your degree of impairment as well.

The WC carrier will take those medical opinions under advisement and then assign a rating and make an offer of a PPD (permanent partial disability) settlement - a dollar amount that typically is intended to compensate you for the remaining impairment you have. Such settlements must be approved by the State. If you disagree with the WC carrier's findings/PPD offer or other aspects of how your claim has been/is being handled, you may file for a hearing with your State's WC Division.

U

upset39

Re WOrker comp info thanks

:eek: Thank you, I have already been sent to IME doctor, this man tried to tell me that He knew why the doctors have not been able tofix my problem, He said that I had Jammed my right Hip<<OKAY sure It has always been my left hip if i have ever messed up my right hip it has to because i limp now> I have not been able to get a copy of my IME report the insurance Carrier says that the Doctor will provide and the Doctor says that they cant until they get the okay from them<Can you say run around> If the IME doctor has said that I have something totally differnet then the other 10 doctors have said then can I or my other treating doctor have any say as to his rating? I know that he will not give it the truth because he wanted to " AS he said fix me " And i told him that i was not going to go against my treating doctor orthe company that I work for , He got mad a stormmed out of the room> I said hey can I get a copy of youre report for my records and he said NO thats up to the carrier>> MY job now says that they are going to find a job with my restrictions, But they could not find anything when the restrictions were first handed down, UNless the IME doctor has changed them ? Can he do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">