• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worker's Comp and A New Job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beemerdop

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I sprained my knee while at work and I've been using worker's comp to cover the medical costs. The doctor has told me that I have at least three months of physical therapy left until I will be finished with this injury. I've been offered a new job that I would really like to take, but I don't want to lose the worker's comp coverage. If I change jobs will I lose the benefits I am receiving through my current employer? Or are they required to continue providing service until I've reached maximum medical health for this issue? (I was told by my doctor that I'd still be covered, but I want to double check)

I need to put in my notice to my current employer this afternoon, so any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">